Types of monitoring performed by the Department may include:
- Review and evaluation of grant applications: DCEO monitors/ reviews grant applications for quality, content, and adherence to eligibility requirements.
- Review of performance measures: DCEO monitors/collects information on your progress toward completion of the project’s objectives using performance measures.
- Approval of grant-required reports: DCEO monitors/tracks reports submitted. We will notify you of report due dates and will examine the submitted reports for timeliness, content, accuracy and supporting documentation.
- Ongoing Communication: DCEO monitors/provides guidance to grantees by providing contact information for DCEO grant managers, Office of Accountability staff, and other DCEO staff to facilitate improved communication and cooperation between DCEO and grantees, and to provide better technical assistance to grantees.
- Conduction of desk reviews: DCEO may conduct this type of review to further monitor/evaluate the information required for your grant.
- Conduction of on-site reviews: DCEO may schedule this type of review to monitor/observe how you maintain the grant records related to grant expenditures and required activities or to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Conduction of on-site visits: DCEO may schedule an occasional site visit to monitor/observe a grantee’s facility, meet with the grantee, view the physical plant and operations, or discuss the project progress.
- Review of independent audits: DCEO may require an independent audit to be submitted in order to monitor/assess your fiscal and programmatic compliance to applicable laws and regulations.
The Department’s monitoring activities provide many opportunities for DCEO to provide you assistance in keeping your grant on a successful and productive track during the entire grant life cycle.